Surrounded by picturesque villages, a 30 minute drive to the Coast, easy access to London and some of National Trust’s most iconic castles and houses, Eatonden Manor Farm offers a phenomenal base for exploring the best of East Sussex.
• 2 miles in either direction are the quintessential English villages of Ticehurst and Burwash. Here you can find pubs, cafes, a butcher, chemist, bakery, art gallery and general stores.
• The larger villages of Wadhurst and Mayfield are a few miles away with further amenities, including Jempson’s supermarket. The Spa town of Tunbridge Wells is a short 20 minute drive.
• Stonegate Station lies three miles by road or a 30 minute walk through the fields and woods. Regular trains to central London take around one hour.
• The coast is 30 minutes by car making Rye, Hastings, Eastbourne, Lewes and Brighton within easy reach for day trips.
• More locally Bewl Water, Bedgebury Pinetum and Darwell Forest offer some wonderful walks and cycling opportunities.
• Dotted in every direction are some of Kent and Sussex’s most historic castles and National Trust houses including Batemans, Bodiam Castle, Sissinghurst Castle, Great Dixter, Scotney Castle and Charleston House.
• Lying in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty this stunning countryside has inspired some of England’s most prominent writers and artists including The Bloomsbury set, Picasso, Spike Milligan, J. M. Barrie, A. A. Milne and Rudyard Kipling to name a few.